Colorful Day - COCOA VANILLA STUDIO


 Its ‘color’s week on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog, I’m sure you’ve had great inspiration already. I love using tons of colors on my layouts, so I wanted to show you a fun way that you can create a colorful and pretty texture on the background of your layout!

I started with cutting a cut file with my cameo, and used the inner pieces of the die cut as templates to hand cut all the triangles from patterned papers. I combined three collections, the Love Always, Wild at Heart, You Rock! Its such a great way to create a color wheel…pulling all the elements that are very close in the same color family and than thinking of the way to make each one work with other. I placed the template to the background, and adhered the tiny paper pieces to the right place. Once all the papers are adhered, I removed the die cut.


For adding more interest to my layout, I placed same sequences to the paper pieces, applying mostly color on color technique. Placed my photo to the right bottom of the circle, and chose an ‘AWEsome’  wood veneer for my title. I embellished my layout with card stock stickers, stickers, and a leaf die cut. Trimmed the edges and framed the layout with patterned paper from the Love Always collection.

This was lots of fun to create! I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try! Have a nice day! Bea


No comments:

Post a Comment